The Judging Process
The judges will be using weighted marks for responses to criteria/guidelines as set out in each category of awards in the application forms to arrive at their final decision.
All award categories will be reviewed by several groups of judges concurrently, except for Malaysian Business of the Year Award, which will be reviewed by the final panel of judges. The final panel of judges will include one representative each from the initial group of judges.
For the “Best in Customer Service” awards, the panel of judges will shortlist the top 5 companies for the public to vote for. The public can vote for their best customer services provider via the SOBA microsite at www.soba.com.my. The winners of Best in Customer Service awards will be determined by a weightage of the scores awarded by the judges and by the votes of the public.
The Malaysian Business of the Year Award will be selected based on the combined top three (3) scores from the Top of the Class Awards (“TOTC”) and Entrepreneur of the Year Award participated in. For avoidance of doubt, should a participant participate in all 9 TOTC awards, only the top 3 scores will be taken into consideration.
In the event of a tie, the final panel of judges will decide on the winner by way of, amongst others, an invitation to Menara Star to present to the final panel of judges in the English / Chinese / National language and a site visit to the shortlisted participants’ premises towards determining the winner who is generally the best in market with exemplary track record in most areas.
Winners’ Rewards and Benefits
For all WINNERS
- Free advertising space* in Star Media Group platform
Platinum winners: RM50,000 worth of ad space (print & online)
Gold winners: RM30,000 worth of ad space (print & online)
Silver winners: RM20,000 worth of ad space (print & online)
Outstanding Achievement Awards
Grand Winners: Grand winners: RM50,000 worth of ad space (print & online)
*Note: Terms and conditions apply. Free advertisement space is subject to 6% Service Tax. The Service Tax fee has to be paid in order to acticate the prize package.
- Preferential rates for additional ads in The Star carrying the SOBA logo, 988 or Suria
- Coveted trophy at the Awards Night
- Use of SOBA logo / monogram on corporate and A & P collaterals
- Exposure through publicity (print and online)
- Opportunity to attend and speak at special workshops / talks aimed at helping companies grow and move forward.
For all PARTICIPANTS
- Certificate of Merit
- Opportunity to self check, network with key business professionals and the business fraternity
- Free 1 year digital access to The Star e-paper and China Daily Asia Weekly upon submission to SOBA 2021 Awards.