This award is intended to recognise the most outstanding local entrepreneur who has propelled his/her company forward with vision, innovation and farsightedness. The incumbent should have demonstrated exemplary management and should lead a company with an admirable and profitable track record.
Indicate the name of the nominee, designation and years in position in Section C of the Application Form.
Examples of areas to address:
A. Corporate Vision
- Describe your vision statement and explain its rationale
- How are the business objectives and strategies in line with the vision?
B. Track Record of Entrepreneurship
- Your entrepreneurial journey, including the challenges and obstacles faced and how these were overcome
- Achievements and success stories during your stewardship of the business / company
C. Financial Performance
- The financial performance of your company through the following:
- Returns On Equity (i.e. Profit after tax / Shareholderâ€™s fund)
- Profit Before Tax (PBT)
- Growth rates (for Revenue and PBT in the last 3 years).
Any other financial performance indicators for your company that you deem will be useful to the judges (e.g. Market share, comparison to industry KPIs).
- Describe how you created a business model that demonstrates a clear and sustained capacity for creativity and innovation in the development and implementation of core products/services
- New business ideas and strategies you introduced and their impact on your business
- Development and structure of management team, including succession plan
- Your management style. How do you manage change and risks within your business environment?
F. Human Capital Management
- Human resource initiatives (e.g. motivation, welfare, recruitment, retention, reward, recognition of employees), and their effectiveness
G. Engagement in CSR Activities
- Your company's CSR initiatives and their impact on the community and the environment