|Best in Marketing Award
Awarded to the local enterprise that knows how to employ effective, innovative and creative marketing strategies to promote its products and services.
This award honours marketing innovation, creativity and excellence, and recognises marketing strategies, programmes and campaigns, from concept to execution, that have made a positive impact and have driven business success.
Areas to address:
A. Marketing Initiatives
- Brief description of marketing strategy/initiative/campaign carried out to promote your product/service (including concept, message, duration and whether an external agency was used)
- How the initiative/campaign objectives were designed to meet business goals and targets
- Adherence to best practices, taking into consideration market trends, research data, competition and customer needs
- Marketing strategy and techniques used (including executional elements, implementation plan, time and budget management, and key personnel/partners/ stakeholders)
- Use of different media channels to enhance and optimise the marketing initiatives, including branding efforts, advertising, merchandising, ground promotions and events, integrated campaigns and communication collaterals
- Challenges faced and use of creative ideas and innovative solutions to overcome them
C. Results and Effectiveness
- How the marketing strategy has transformed business operations and made a positive impact on the company. Show measurable results and outcome of initiatives, in line with objectives and goals (e.g. return-on-investment, increased sales, positive feedback from customers, improved satisfaction among stakeholders, increased demand for products and services). Please provide documentary evidence (testimonials, media clippings, graphs/charts)
- How the marketing strategy has strengthened client/customer relationships and fostered greater loyalty
- Factors that contributed to the success of the initiative/campaign
|Best Brand Award
|This award goes to the local enterprise that has invested in building a strong Malaysian brand that is valued and appreciated by all.
This award goes to the company that has invested in building a strong local brand that is valued and appreciated by the public.
Areas to address:
A. Brand/Company Profile
- A summary of your brand/company profile in 100 to 200 words, including details such as products and services, target markets and operational activities
- Company’s perception of the level of public awareness of your brand. Extent of the brand’s network (regional, national, global) and visibility (e.g. network of outlets, advertising and promotional activities, website traffic)
- How marketing strategies including communications plans, advertising and promotional activities have increased the popularity of the brand. Evidence and quantitative measures of their effectiveness (e.g. market penetration, growth patterns)
- Award(s) and nominations for the brand
C. Customer Knowledge
- Activities to understand customers’ needs and wants (e.g. market research, surveys, customer insight studies)
- Initiatives to address customers’ needs and enhance customer relationships (e.g. customer feedback, customer service reports)
D. Brand Differentiation
- Brand uniqueness of the company’s products/services in comparison to competitors
E. Creativity and Innovation
- Originality in terms of product design, packaging, marketing and communication
F. Brand Sustainability
- How long has the brand existed? Plans to maintain sustainability of the brand
|Best in CSR Award
|Awarded to the local enterprise that is strong in corporate social responsibility. An example of this is a local enterprise that apportions part of its profits and other resources to serving the needs of the community.
This award is intended to recognise local enterprises that practise corporate social responsibility (CSR) including apportioning part of their profits and other resources, to serving the needs of the community.
Areas to address:
A. Impact of the CSR Programmes
- Company's CSR policies and programmes and their positive impact on the community, employees and business
B. Demonstration of Company Values in CSR
- Management's commitment to promote employees’ participation in CSR activities and strong CSR values in the company
- Various communication channels (e.g. media, publications, memoranda, etc.) to communicate CSR message to the staff and public
- Measures taken to sustain CSR programmes and expand positive impact on the community, employees and business (e.g. partnership with other companies, dedicated funding strategy, etc.)
|Best Green Initiative Award
|Awarded to the local enterprise that exhibits high environmental awareness, particularly with regard to its production facilities and procedures, specific environmental programmes or initiatives undertaken as part of the local enterprise’s overall vision and mission.
Awarded to the local enterprise that exhibits high environmental awareness, particularly with regard to its production facilities and procedures, specific environmental programmes or initiatives undertaken as part of the local enterprise’s overall vision and mission.
Areas to address:
A. Environmental Benefits
Environmental-friendly policies and procedures in your business. Quantifiable evidence of impact or benefits of such policies and procedures in areas which may include any one or more of the following:
- materials efficiency
- waste reduction
- How you increase resource efficiency and reduce negative environmental impact/footprint
- How business competitiveness was enhanced through implementation of these environmental initiatives
B. Commitment of Management and Staff
- Examples of environmental initiatives driven by top management
- How these environmental initiatives are communicated and implemented at different staff levels
C. Demonstration of Company Values in Practice
- Various media (reports, web, community meetings, etc.) used to communicate environmental initiatives, objectives, targets, progress, policies and practices to external stakeholders/public
- How your company has exceeded industry environmental standards
|Best Employer Award
|Human capital is one of the most vital resources that determine the success of a local enterprise. In recognition of employers who have demonstrated commitment towards human capital, this award is given to the local enterprise that positions itself as a leading organisation to work for.
This award is intended to accredit the local enterprise with the overall best human capital practices, which includes impressive physical working conditions and excellent benefits made available to its employees.
Areas to address:
- Company’s compensation, benefits and reward schemes, in comparison to industry norms
- The rationale and success of your company’s remuneration strategies
B. Career Progression
- Talent management initiatives implemented by your company (e.g. career development plans, mentoring, training, etc.), and their effectiveness
- How has your appraisal system improved staff performance?
C. Learning and Development
- Training and development policies and programmes. Courses offered to employees and other exposure/experience to enhance skills. Alignment of policies and programmes with business objectives and the career development of employees
- Resources allocated to training, learning and development (e.g. manpower, technology, etc.). Include training hours and budgets to substantiate this
- Policies to ensure and improve the welfare of employees (e.g. childcare facilities, work-life balance, health and wellness, insurance plans, etc.)
E. Workplace Environment
- Facilities and amenities at your premises which contribute to the conduciveness of the working environment
- Corporate culture and management’s commitment to encouraging workplace harmony
|Best Innovation Award
|Awarded to the local enterprise with innovative ideas, processes, products and/or services that have contributed to the success of the company, its employees and stakeholders.
This Award is for companies with the most innovative ideas, processes, products and or services that have contributed to the success of the companies and their employees, shareholders and other stakeholders. Innovation occurs by design and by using methods, practices and techniques, often beyond the use of a new tool or technology.
Areas to address:
What is the innovation for which you seek the Award? Tell us about your innovation
- If you are not the original creator of the innovation, state where it originated from and the modifications that you have made to the innovation that have made a difference and been beneficial to your organisation/business
- Innovation may involve the use of information & communications technology (ICT)
- The benefits of the innovation to your organisation
- Innovation’s impact to date (e.g. increase in revenue and profits, improved efficiency and productivity, enhanced welfare of the stakeholders such as employees, shareholders, community)
- How has the impact been measured or evaluated?
C. Sustainability of the Innovation
- Commitment by management to promote, ensure and/or enhance the sustainability of this innovation
|Best Global Market Award
|Awarded to the local enterprise that has made an impact in the global market and excelled in international networking, with at least half of its revenue generated from exports.
This award is intended to recognise local enterprises that have made an impact in the global market and excelled in international networking, with at least half of their revenue generated from exports.
Areas to address:
A. Track Record of Export Activities
- Major breakthroughs and milestones achieved by the company in its export pursuit
- Company’s export market(s), duration of presence in these markets and the products/services offered in these markets
- Total export revenue (in Ringgit Malaysia) and export volume for the past 3 years with breakdown by country
- Percentage of export revenue to total revenue of the company (at least 50% of revenue must be derived from the export revenue)
- Developments in existing and new markets in the past 3 years (e.g. number of new export markets explored)
B. Hallmarks of Products / Services Exported
- Innovation and creativity with regard to your products/services which are catalysts to their export success (including unique selling points (USPs) which can be distinguished from international competitors)
- International recognition/accreditation conferred on the quality and/or design of the products/services
- Compliance with international standards and regulations (e.g. recognised service standards in certain countries, safety standards, etc.) - if applicable
- Evidence of overseas consumer satisfaction with the products/services (e.g. customer testimonials, positive media coverage overseas, etc.)
C. Sustainability and Development in Global Market
- Success of the company in developing new export markets and building international networks (e.g. penetration of highly competitive markets, strategic network/alliances, etc.)
- Examples of innovation/diversification of products/services with the aim of expanding the existing market and exploring/venturing into new markets
D. Marketing Excellence
- Company’s global market strategies (e.g. campaigns, seminars, launches, trade fairs, advertising and promotions (A&P), exhibitions, trade associations, etc.)
- The success and effectiveness of these strategies and the benefits gained (e.g. new markets, greater market share, pace in penetrating new markets as compared to other exporters in similar markets)
- Awards and recognition conferred on the company by reputable bodies/authorities in the export market (e.g. Best Foreign Enterprise)
|OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS|
|Rising Star Award
|Awarded to the best new, up-and-coming local enterprise that has displayed great potential to become a successful player in the local and/ or international market.
This Award is for the best new, up-and-coming company (less than 3 years in operations) which has displayed great potential to become a successful player in the local and/or international market.
Areas to address:
A. Business Model
- Your business model and/or your products/services and why you believe it/ they will be successful within the next two to three years
- Present a unique and competitive business concept and/or strategy which will make the company different from its competitors and become successful in the market
- Business plans (including financial projections) to demonstrate the potential growth of your company in terms of revenue and profits
- How the company will sustain/enhance the success of the business model and/or its products/services
|Entrepreneur of the Year Award
|Awarded to the most outstanding entrepreneur who has propelled his/ her company forward with vision, innovation and farsightedness. The applicant should have demonstrated exemplary management and leadership skills, with the local enterprise under his/her leadership achieving an admirable and profitable track record.
This award is intended to recognise the most outstanding local entrepreneur who has propelled his/her company forward with vision, innovation and farsightedness. The incumbent should have demonstrated exemplary management and would be leading a company with an admirable and profitable track record.
Indicate the name of the nominee, designation and years in position in Section C of the Application Form.
Areas to address:
A. Corporate Vision
- Describe your vision statement and explain its rationale
- How are the business objectives and strategies in line with the vision?
B. Track Record of Entrepreneurship
- Your entrepreneurial journey, including the challenges and obstacles faced and how these were overcome
- Achievements and success stories during your stewardship of the business / company
C. Financial Performance
The financial performance of your company through the following:
- returns on equity,
- profit before taxes,
- profit after taxes,
- current ratio,
- gearing ratio,
- market share and
- growth rates.
Your company’s financial performance compared with industry KPIs/norms.
- Describe how you created a business model that demonstrates a clear and sustained capacity for creativity and innovation in the development and implementation of core products/services
- New business ideas and strategies you introduced and their impact on your business
- Development and structure of management team, including succession plan
- Your management style. How do you manage change and risks within your business environment?
F. Human Capital Management
- Human resource initiatives (e.g. motivation, welfare, recruitment, retention, reward, recognition of employees), and their effectiveness
G. Engagement in CSR Activities
- Your company’s CSR initiatives and their impact on the community and the environment
|Malaysian Business of the Year Award
|This illustrious award goes to the local enterprise that has received high ratings in the other award categories and is generally the best in market with exemplary track record in most areas.